The films on this site are all under copyright, and are only licensed for use within an educational context . No other use is permitted. The version you will find on the main film page are streamed videos from Vimeo to let you quickly review the films online. However, before you show the film in class, you may wish to download a version of the film which should be located on the Vimeo player itself. This allows you a more reliable viewing experience in the classroom.
You must not publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public any films on this website (in any form or media)
Within an education context you are also allowed to repurpose the films, but this should only be created bearing in mind the following restrictions. The repurposed work (mash-up) must not be published, republished, distributed, redistributed, broadcast, rebroadcast or shown or played in public (in any form or media). It also must not:
- Contain pornography or sexually explicit content
- Contain offensive text or images
- Incite hatred whether based on race, religion, gender, sexuality or otherwise, or promote, encourage or facilitate anti-social behaviour
- Contain gratuitous violence or promote, encourage or facilitate violence
- Promote, encourage or facilitate terrorism or other activities that risk national security
- Discriminate against any specific social group or otherwise exploit vulnerable sections of society
- Promote, facilitate or encourage illegal activity
- Mislead, defame, or contain illegal, or otherwise actionable content under UK law
- Infringe individual privacy
- Put the welfare of children at risk
- Promote the tobacco industry or the armaments industry or gun clubs
- Damage the filmmaker or this site's reputation
Any usage in contravention of the above, may lead to: legal proceedings, a court order to stop you using those materials, a court imposed fine, and potential additional legal costs.